Device Maintainer On-loading Instructions
Become a device maintainer
This guide is for those who would like to give back to the community and join our project by building Pure Fusion for their device.
- You must have a working knowledge of Android ROM building, Linux, FTP, SSH, GIT and Gerrit.
- Before becoming a maintainer, you must show us a tested and working build of Pure Fusion for your device.
- You must be willing to submit ALL device tree/kernel/vendor changes to Gerrit. (NOT directly to GitHub)
- You must maintain a professional and helpful attitude toward all your users, our staff, and the general public. You are, after all, becoming an official representative of our community.
- If one of our staff asks you to do something, please do it.
- Your builds may not contain any illegal content or apps.
- You must provide the ROM UNROOTED.
- All official builds must be uploaded to our download server.
- You must maintain proper authorship and commit history in your trees. (GIT, Gerrit, etc)
- You must be willing to join our private Slack group for developers and maintainers.
- You must use our official template for posting on XDA. You may modify to fit your device, but it MUST include the following:
- Our donate links and staff credits
- Our basic intro and features
- Our basic style and formatting
- Build Pure Fusion for your device. If you need to see some templates check out our device repos at https://github.com/FusionDevices.
- Please name your branches as we do for our devices. (n-mr2, pf-o)
- Make sure you have a “fusion.dependencies” file in your device tree. This is what generates the proper roomservice.xml for your device. If you need an example, please see https://github.com/FusionDevices/android_device_htc_pme/blob/pf-o/fusion.dependencies.
- Follow the steps on our Gerrit wiki. STOP when you get to “Your First Commit” .
- Submit the form below. (Please do not submit the form until you’ve completed all the above steps)